THIS WEEKEND: Fueled Evolution is very excited to announce their first annual 3x3 basketball tournament being held in Winnipeg on June 17-19 at the University of Winnipeg’s Duckworth Centre. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of history and show the city you’ve got game. The Fueled Evolution tournament will be open to males and females, ages 8 and up. Skill levels from recreational to Top Gun are welcome to play this fast-paced and skillful game.
The event will use the FIBA 3x3 Planet online interface which includes the 3x3 World Player Ranking system. Cost to register a team of four is $110 or $150 for the men’s Top Gun division with prizes available for winners in each category. Deadline to register a team is June 15th.
A portion of the proceeds from the tournament will be donated to Cancer Care Manitoba. In addition, the tournament will serve as a fundraiser to support 3x3 Acceleration Performance, a local 3x3 basketball team representing Winnipeg on a global stage.
- Dates: June 17-19, 2016 (Friday - Sunday)
- Times: June 17, 6:00pm - 10:00pm, June 18, 9:00am - 6:00pm, June 19 (if necessary)
- Location: University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre, 400 Spence Street, Winnipeg
- Deadline: Wednesday June 15, 2015, 11:59 pm
- Ages: 8 to 99, males and females
- Age Divisions: 15 different categories - see full list (no coed divisions)
- Team Size: 4 players each (3 on the court plus one sub)
- Tournament Fee: $110 for a team of 4; Top Gun Division is $150
- Guaranteed Games: All teams will receive a minimum of 4 games each
- Rules: All games will be played using FIBA rules - read full FIBA 3x3 Rules - watch rules videos below
- Rule Modifications: Game times are 25 minutes each or 21 points, whichever occurs first. Top Gun Male will use a 12 second and games will be 10 minutes stop time.
- Prizes: Awards will be presented to the top team in each category
- Volunteers: CLICK HERE to help out
- Questions: email@example.com
MORE ABOUT TEAM 3X3 ACCELERATION PERFORMANCE
Team Acceleration is a 3-on-3 basketball team from Winnipeg, Manitoba. The team was formed in 2014 to play in the FIBA 3x3 circuit with the goal of qualifying for the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. In their first season, they traveled to several qualifiers in Canada and the United States and qualified for the 3x3 Americas Masters Tournament in Chicago, Illinois. After finishing ninth in the tournament, goals were set to return for a stronger season the next year.
In 2015, Team Acceleration was once again successful in qualifying for the 3x3 Americas Masters Tournament in Mexico City. With a year of experience behind them, they battled their way to the semi-finals, successfully beating teams from San Juan, Mexico City, and Ottawa along the way to a fourth place finish.
Now, with two years of 3x3 World Tour experience, Team Acceleration is hopeful for the 2016 season. It is their goal to qualify, once again, for the 3x3 Americas Masters Tournament. However, this year they also aspire to qualify for a Masters Tournament in Europe or Asia as well to increase their ultimate goal which is reaching the 3x3 World Tour Final in Abu Dhabi by winning a Masters Tournament.
Their training and preparation for the upcoming season has already begun as Team Acceleration is diligently preparing themselves for the numerous qualifying tournaments they intend to participate in. With their new goal of traveling worldwide for qualifying tournaments, there are numerous costs associated. In order for Team Acceleration to have the opportunity to return to the global stage, they require assistance to offset the costs of their travel. This tournament is an attempt to raise support for travel costs for this season, allowing them to continue their training and preparation. Funds raised go directly to Team Acceleration and will be used in their goal to represent Winnipeg and Canada in the FIBA 3X3 circuit and World Tour.
- GoFund me page: gofund.me/3x3winnipeg
- Team page: https://www.facebook.com/3x3-Acceleration-Performance-204324969909602/?ref=hl
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB3oaTGd3zYkmZ3bgo4G5qA
- 2015 3x3 World tour team page: http://www.fiba.com/3x3WT/2015/mexico/Winnipeg
Team Tentative Schedule
- June 5-6 Edmonton
- June 11 Philadelphia
- June 18 Fueled Evolution Tournament - Winnipeg
- June 25 Toronto
- July 8 Indiana
- July 9 Chicago
- August 5-6 Switzerland
- August 13-14 Romania
- August 18-19 Netherlands