a) “Individuals” – All Basketball Manitoba Members and National Participants, as defined in the Basketball Manitoba Bylaws, and all individuals employed (including contract personnel) by or engaged in activities with Basketball Manitoba, including but not limited to, directors, committee members, athletes, coaches, officials, referees, volunteers, officers, managers, and administrators.
b) “Representative” – All individuals employed by, or engaged in activities on behalf of, Basketball Manitoba. Representatives include, but are not limited to, staff, administrators, Directors and Officers of Basketball Manitoba, committee members, and volunteers
c) “Confidential Information” – The term includes, but is not limited to the following: o Personal Information of Basketball Manitoba participants, members, and Individuals, including but not limited to address, email address, personal phone numbers, date of birth, financial information, medical history, etc. Basketball Manitoba intellectual property and proprietary information related to the programs, fundraisers, business or affairs of Basketball Manitoba and any of its committees and programs, including, but not limited to: procedures, business methods, forms, policies, business, marketing and development plans, advertising programs, creative materials, trade secrets, knowledge, techniques, data, products, technology, computer programs, manuals, software, financial information and information that is not generally or publicly known.
2. The purpose of this policy is to ensure the protection of Confidential Information that is proprietary to Basketball Manitoba by making all Individuals aware that there is always an expectation to act appropriately and consistently with this policy.
Scope and Application of this Policy
3. This policy applies to all Individuals and Representatives.
4. Confidential Information does not include the following: name, title, business address, work telephone number, or any other information widely available or posted publicly.
5. Individuals voluntarily publishing, or consenting to the publication of, basic personal information in a public forum (such as the listing of an email address on a website) forfeit the expectation of confidentiality for that personal information for as long as it is available publicly.
6. Representatives will not, either during the period of their involvement/employment with Basketball Manitoba or at any time, thereafter, disclose to any person or organization any Confidential Information acquired during their period of involvement/employment with Basketball Manitoba, unless expressly authorized to do so.
7. Representatives will not publish, communicate, divulge, or disclose to any unauthorized person, firm, corporation, third party or parties any Confidential Information or any part thereof, without the express written consent of Basketball Manitoba.
8. All documents and written materials relating to Confidential Information will remain the property of Basketball Manitoba and upon termination of involvement/employment with Basketball Manitoba or upon request of Basketball Manitoba, Representatives will return all Confidential Information received in written or tangible form, including copies, or reproductions or other media containing such Confidential Information, immediately upon such request.
9. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in all written material (including material in electronic format) and other works produced in connection with employment or involvement with Basketball Manitoba will be owned solely by Basketball Manitoba, who will have the right to use, reproduce or distribute such material and works, or any part thereof, for any purpose it wishes. Basketball Manitoba may grant permission for others to use such written material or other works, subject to such terms and conditions as Basketball Manitoba may prescribe.
10. A breach of any provision in this Policy may be subject to legal recourse, termination of the employment or volunteer position, suspension or expulsion from membership, or sanctions pursuant to Basketball Manitoba's policies.