Basketball Manitoba is pleased to announce a number of changes to its High-Performance programming for the 2019-2020 season.
The male Provincial Team model will see changes effective for the spring of 2020 and adopt a new model that will see the 15U and the 17U male Provincial Teams train around club activity until late July when it will host a mini-camp before departing to compete in the National Championships. A training group of 15-16 players will be selected during the Provincial Team tryouts in late May 2020. A 10 player roster will be named before departing for the Canada Basketball National Championships in August 2020. The male Manitoba Provincial Teams will not travel to summer events other than the Canada Basketball National Championships. The participation fee for the male program will be dramatically reduced due to the absence of warm-up tournaments leading up to the National Championships. The removal of financial barriers and programming conflicts will allow all of Manitoba's top players to fully participate in both their club activities and represent Manitoba at the National Championships.
The Male Center For Performance Program is going to be rebranded and grown into a competitive club program that will continue its high-performance training model but will see the addition of team play in leagues and tournaments in both Canada and the USA. The program will now be known as "TAP Manitoba" (Targeted Athlete Program of Manitoba). The male program will follow a curriculum designed to develop players ages 15 and under following the Canada Basketball Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model. This curriculum will be shared publicly for others to see and use in their programs. The male TAP will train out of the Canada Games Sport for Life Center and will be led by Basketball Manitoba's High-Performance Coach Dan Becker, current 15U Provincial Team Head Coach Jon Janzen and current 16U Provincial Team Head Coach Zach Giesbrecht. The male program will select up to 20 players to train and then break into two teams for league and tournament play at the age 15U team and 14U that may see some talented 13U athletes included on the final roster.
The female CP (Center For Performance) program will also be rebranded to TAP Manitoba and will also follow an up-dated curriculum designed for each of their age groups (age 15U and 17U). The female program will continue with their current competitive model of high-performance training along with age advanced local competition and tournament play in Canada and the USA. The female TAP program will continue to be led by Basketball Manitoba's High-Performance Coach Randy Kusano and his staff.
Tryouts for both the male and female TAP Manitoba program will take place August 17 & 18 at the University of Winnipeg's Duckworth Center.
2019-20 MALE & FEMALE TARGETTED ATHLETE PROGRAM (TAP) TRYOUT SCHEDULE
TAP MANITOBA TRYOUT FORM
TAP MANITOBA TRYOUT FORM
Dates: Saturday, August 17 & Sunday, August 18, 2019
Times: See below
Location: University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre, 400 Spence Street (map below)
Saturday, August 17, 2019
- SESSION # 1 FEMALE 15U TAP - Born 2005, 2006 & 2007 - 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- SESSION # 2 FEMALE 17U TAP - Born 2003 & 2004 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- SESSION # 3 MALE 15U TAP - Born 2005, 2006 & 2007 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- SESSION # 4 FEMALE 15U TAP - Born 2005, 2006 & 2007 - 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- SESSION # 5 FEMALE 17U TAP - Born 2003 & 2004 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- SESSION # 6 MALE 15U TAP - Born 2005, 2006 & 2007 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- No preregistration required
- Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the first tryout per age category.
- All players are to complete the TAP Tryout Form and bring it to the first tryout. Additional copies will be available on site.
- $25.00 per person tryout fee due at the first tryout session
- All registered players will receive a Basketball Manitoba t-shirt
- Cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard or cheques (payable to 'Basketball Manitoba') are accepted on site
- Receipts will be issued upon request only
- Basketballs will be provided at each tryout
- Players should arrive at least 20 minutes early to the tryout sessions dressed ready to play
- Players are to attend both sessions for your age group
- Players making one of the teams will be required to pay the registration fee of $1300.00 for the program that will be due at a set payment schedule later in the fall.