Coaches Jon & Zach Giesbrecht have announced they will be hosting a "Resilient Hooper" basketball camp from July 12-15, 2021 at Balmoral Hall in Winnipeg. The camp is open to male and female players in the 13-19 age range.
- July 12th to 15th, 2021 (4 Day Camp, Monday to Thursday)
- Location: Balmoral Hall (630 Westminster Ave, Winnipeg)
- Ages & times: 4:30pm to 6pm (13-15 Boys), 6:15pm to 7:45pm (13-15 Girls), 8pm to 9:30pm (COED 16-19)
- Cost: $225 (Payment send eTransfer to email@example.com - include the name of the camper in the memo portion of the eTransfer
- Space is limited - register now!
- Athletes must bring their own basketball. Arrive MAX 5 minutes early.
- Learn how to be more confident with shooting
- Learn how to practice your shooting more effectively
- Learn how to utilize mindfulness practices to improve shooting
- Learn advanced skill development drills that will improve rhythm, coordination, and balance with shooting
Details for camp subject to change based on current COVID protocols.
Coach Zach Giesbrecht bio:
- Zach is the owner of the Resilient Hooper.
- Zach has provincial team coaching experience as a head and assistant coach.
- Zach has been running camps and player development training in Winnipeg for the last three years. Zach has work with all levels of athletes
- Zach is a former university athlete with the University of Manitoba Bisons. In his final year with the Manitoba Bisons Zach shot 43.8% from 3PT.
- In high school, Zach was a captain of the undefeated 2016 provincial champion John Taylor Collegiate Pipers. Zach was a member Basketball Manitoba’s 17U national champion team in 2016.
Coach Jon Giesbrecht bio:
- Jon has 7 years of men’s and women’s university coaching experience — Most recently finishing his 7th year with the University of Regina Women as the lead assistant coach.
- Jon is currently associate head coach of College Basket Prep in Borgomanero, Italy. Jon also runs “The Anxious Baller” helping coaches and players with performance anxiety.
- Jon has worked with players of all levels including grassroots, special olympics, national team and professional athletes.
- Jon has Basketball Manitoba provincial team coaching experience which includes being an assistant coach with 2014 17U Boys national championship team.
- Jon has held video coordinator roles while working with our Canadian National Teams.
Questions and registration inquiries can go to Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (204) 918-5785.
Please note that the above basketball program has been approved by Basketball Manitoba as part of the Return to Basketball Plan. The camp will be following the details showed in the plan and will be abiding by the current basketball phase if basketball is to be permitted at the time of the program. All participants (players, coaches, volunteers and parents/caregivers) are expected to follow the new safety guidelines as detailed. More information can be found HERE.