TORONTO, ON (February 1, 2021) – Throughout the month of March, Canada Basketball will be hosting, Women in Basketball Month, a webinar series that celebrates and empowers women across all aspects of our game.
Featuring over 20 hours of programming, participants will learn from female basketball leaders from across Canada and around the world including, members of the Senior Women’s National Team, alumni, coaches and FIBA certified officials.
The event will tip off on International Women’s Day on March 8 and run through April 1, 2021.
The four-week series will feature a variety of programming, including: workshops, panel discussions, fireside chats and professional development opportunities. Women in Basketball Month will provide women involved in our game the opportunity to grow their knowledge, build their skillsets and empower them to make a difference. Each week will focus on different aspect of the game including playing, coaching, officiating and development.
- March 8-14 – Grow Our Game
- March 15-21 – Coach Our Game
- March 22-28 – Ref Our Game
- March 29 - Apr 1 – Play Our Game
In collaboration with Canadian Women and Sport, Canada Basketball will also be offering professional development workshops on a variety of topics throughout the month, including: LGBTQ+ inclusivity, work-life balance, effective communication and leadership.
A detailed schedule and lineup of keynote speakers will be announced over the next few weeks.
Attendees can gain access to all 12 sessions hosted by Canada Basketball over the course of the month for just $25, while each individual Canadian Women and Sport workshops can be purchased separately for $15 each.
Alternatively, interested participants can secure access to all sessions and workshops throughout the month through a premium package for $65.00, a $20 savings.
Proceeds from the Women in Basketball Month will be donated directly to the Canada Basketball Foundation (CBF), which will see the funds reinvested in developing gender equity programs, focused to keep girls and women involved in the game of basketball.
To purchase your ticket or learn more information about Women in Basketball month, please visit: https://pheedloop.com/womeninbasketball/site/home/
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)
Grow Our Game
- March 8: The Tip Off: Celebrating Our Game
- March 10: SHE LEADS! The Journey: A Conversation with BIPOC Women in Basketball
- March 12: Women in Business of Basketball
- March 13: Workshop: LGBTQI2S Inclusion in Sport*
Coach Our Game
- March 15: SHE COACHES! Set Yourself Up for Success
- March 18: Workshop: Creating Work-life Balance*
- March 19: Coaching with the Boys
- March 20: Professional Development: Session 1 – On-Court Hot Stove with National Team Coaches AND Session 2 – Building a Winning Mentality
Ref Our Game
- March 22: SHE REFS! Making the Right Call - Opportunities for Female Referee in Basketball
- March 23: Workshop: Effective Communication*
- March 24: Breaking Barriers & Building New Paths for Female Officials - Addressing Barriers to Women in Officiating
- March 25: PD Session: Protect the Shooter
- March 27: NOCP 1 Workshop
Play Our Game
- March 29: Workshop: Leading with Confidence*
- March 30: SHE PLAYS! Passing the Torch: Continuing to Give Back to your Basketball Community
- April 1: Building your Mindfulness Practice
* Hosted by Canadian Women and Sport