The Bobcat Basketball Academy has announced their program options for the coming months for children currently in grades K to 12. The goal of the Bobcats Basketball Academy is to develop basketball skills in an enthusiastic and fun environment. Participants will be grouped by grade (age). Participants will receive instruction from U SPORTS coaches and athletes as well as nationally certified coaches.
Typically, training sessions include games, skill development, team play and age-appropriate strength and conditioning. Note: Due to Covid-19, games and team play have been suspended from the curriculum.
Training sessions ($40 for a punch card (good for 4 visits)):
- Grade K-2 Thursday's; 5:00-5:45pm - 12 spots
- Grade 3-4 Thursday's; 6:00-7:00pm – 12 spots
- Grade 5 & 6 boys Thursday's 715pm-815pm – 12 spots
- Grade 7 & 8 boys Sunday's; 10am-11:00am - 12 spots
- Grade 5-8 girls Sunday's; 11:15am-12:15pm - 12 spots
- Grade 9-12 boys Sunday's; 12:30pm-1:30pm - 12 spots
- Grade 9 & 10 girls Sunday's; 1:45-2:45pm – 12 spots
- Grade 11 & 12 girls Sunday's; 3:00pm-4:00pm - 12 spots
Registration will open up one week in advance of the session. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
IF THE PARTICIPANT CANNOT ATTEND A SESSION THAT YOU REGISTERED IN, PLEASE CANCEL 4 HOURS IN ADVANCE (BY EMAILING THOMASN@BRANDONU.CA). FAILING TO DO SO & NO SHOWS WILL RESULT IN NO FUTURE SIGN-UPS.
Once you have secured a spot for a specific day, you should arrive 10 minutes in advance to purchase a Bobcat Basketball Academy punch card from the HLC customer service desk. Punch cards can only be purchased in person, prior to your first session. This card is $40 and will be punched once, for each participant who attends a session. Punch cards can be shared and additional punch cards can be purchased. If your punch card is not used, remaining punches can be applied to future basketball academy programming.
Facility Use Waiver - Parents/Guardians of those 17 years and under, must complete a facility waiver. THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ARRIVING FOR THE FIRST SESSION ONLY.
Self-assess prior to arrival. If the participant has symptoms, they are not permitted.
Covid-19 waiver – Parents/Guardians of those 17 years and under, must complete a facility waiver. THIS FORM WILL BE COMPLETED AT THE HEALTHY LIVING CENTRE. This form will be completed once.
Daily attestation form - Parents/Guardians of those 17 years and under, must complete a daily attestation form. THIS FORM WILL BE COMPLETED AT THE HEALTHY LIVING CENTRE. THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED EACH SESSION.
Other important items:
- The program will be following return to play protocol as set out by the Province of Manitoba and Basketball Manitoba. Due to social/physical distancing regulations, these sessions will not involve games. We will focus on skill development and competition that furthers skill development. Some additional information to take note of:
- There are a maximum number of participant slots per age group per session. This may increase when we are cleared to do so by Basketball Manitoba.
- Masks must be worn in the Healthy Living Centre. However, masks do not need to be worn during activity. Wash hands/sanitize prior to entering and upon leaving.
- Physical distancing of 2m at all time (unless participants are from the same household)
- Come ready to play as there are limits on the number of people in locker rooms.
- Basketballs will be provided. Participants cannot bring their own basketball. Basketballs will be sanitized before and after sessions.
- Participants cannot enter the facility more than 10 minutes before their scheduled start time.
- Only youth below the age of 12, can have a parent/guardian spectator. Guardians must also sanitize and wear a mask.
To review the entire return to play protocol, as set by Canada Basketball/Basketball Manitoba/Sport Manitoba and Manitoba Health.
To reserve your spot visit: https://healthylivingcentre0164.setmore.com/class and look for "Basketball Academy" and the appropriate age grouping and gender for your child/participant. Reminder that the option to register will appear a week in advance of the session.