REGISTER NOW! Canada Basketball in partnership with Basketball Manitoba has announced details on an NCCP Train to Train Basketball Coaching Workshop that will be hosted May 3-5, 2019 at Sturgeon Heights Collegiate in Winnipeg, MB.
The cost to attend the clinic is $300.00. Deadline to register is April 26, 2019. This Train to Train course is targeted at coaches working with players ages 12-16. It has replaced the old NCCP Level 2 coursework. In order to attend this course, you must have completed the NCCP Learn to Train course already.
Course Schedule - Sturgeon Heights Collegiate - 2665 Ness Ave, Winnipeg, MB
- Friday, May 3: 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Saturday, May 4: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday, May 5: 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Steve is very active in the summer basketball camp circuit with involvement with the Wesmen Camps, Peace Gardens, Athletes in Action, Rocky Mountain in Alberta and the Boston Celtics summer camp in Boston, Mass. Most recently Coach Tackie has been part of the Point Guard College (PGC) organization, instructing at camps in Atlanta, Texas (2008) and UCLA (2009).
In 2008 and 2009 Tackie was voted back to back Junior Varsity boy's coach of the year, and in 2010 was a finalist for the Sports Manitoba Coach of the year award. Currently, he is the head coach of the Varsity Boys program at Sturgeon Heights Collegiate, where he also has been a teacher since 2002.
Tackie has lead Sturgeon Heights to the AAAA Final Four Provincial Championship 5 out of the last 6 years (JV and Varsity) including a Junior Varsity boy's Provincial Championship in 2009.
Stephen led Manitoba to two consecutive National Silver Medal performances with the 17U Male program in 2012 & 2013.
- To register for an NCCP clinic, you must log-in to your Game Plan (gameplanbasketball.ca) account. **Please note: if you do not have a Game Plan account, you can create an account at the following link (gameplanbasketball.ca/register.php)
- From there, you can select the "Workshops" tab from the top toolbar.
- Once you are on the workshops page, ensure you set the Province to Manitoba to see available workshops.
- You will then be able to click on the "Register" button attached to the appropriate clinic.
Questions on the clinic or the NCCP system can be made to Dan Becker at Basketball Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org