UPDATE: On February 14th Team Manitoba will make its way to the Canada Winter Games in Red Deer Alberta. Nine athletes and three staff will represent our province in the Sport of wheelchair basketball.
All games will be hosted at the Garry H Harris Center. On February 19th 2 games which feature Quebec vs Saskatchewan and Ontario Versus BC will be televised on TSN and RDS starting at 8:30 PM central. In addition, all competition games will be live streamed at http://www.canadagames.live
Team Manitoba is proud to present the following athletes and staff.
- #4 Josh Brown. Class 3 from East St Paul Manitoba will be attending his second Canada Winter Games. Currently training at the National Academy program in Toronto and a member of the Toronto Rollin Raptors Div 2 team.
- #5 Bernard Rosello Class 3.5 from Winnipeg Manitoba Student at General Byng School
- #6 Emma Isaacs Class 4.5 from Winnipeg Manitoba Student at the University of Manitoba and community volunteer
- #8 Bethany Johnson Class 4.0 Winnipeg Manitoba Student at College Churchill
- #9 Thomas Thevenot Class 4.5 Stonewall Manitoba Student at Stonewall Collegiate
- #10 Teo Roy Class 1.5 Winnipeg Manitoba Student at Ecole Precieux-Sang
- #12 Spencer Lambert Class 3.5 Winnipeg Manitoba Student at the University of Manitoba and will attend his second Canada Winter Games.
- #13 Rylan Bileski Class 1.0 Winnipeg Manitoba Student at Westwood Collegiate
- #14 Matthew Wilton Class 1.5 Winnipeg Manitoba Student at College Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
Jarrett Yaworski Winnipeg Manitoba
Chantelle Horel Winnipeg Manitoba
Dave Bileski Winnipeg Manitoba.
Manitoba will be sending a wheelchair basketball team to the 2019 Canada Winter Games in Red Deer Alberta Feb 15-21 that will host a total of 9 provincial teams. In preparation for the tournament, Manitoba attended a pre-Canada Games tournament in Red Deer, AB on Dec 15-16 2018. The Dec tournament was attended by 5 provincial teams and provided a preview of the host venue.
The Garry W Harris Center is a newly opened multi-use facility at the Red Deer College and will host the CWGS. Wheelchair basketball is an exciting sport that is open to all participants that include able-bodied and disabled players.
The CWG schedule as follows:
- Feb 17, 2019 - Manitoba vs Saskatchewan
- Feb 18, 2019 - Manitoba vs Quebec
- Feb 19, 2019 - Manitoba vs New Brunswick
- Playoffs to follow
- Emma Isaacs
- Josh Brown
- Bernard Rosello
- Spencer Lambert
- Teo Roy
- Thomas Thevenot
- Rylan Bileski
- Matthew Wilton
- Missing - Bethany Johnson
- Jarrett Yaworski (Head coach)
- Chantelle Horel (Assistant coach)
- Dave Bileski ( Team manager)
For more information please visit the Manitoba Wheelchair Sport Association website at MWSA.ca
GOOD LUCK TO TEAM MANITOBA AT THE GAMES!