The University of Winnipeg is currently hiring individuals as Event Assistants for the upcoming 2017-018 Wesmen basketball season and other on campus sporting events.
- Assists and/or directs the public and acts as usher
- Issues and/or accepts entrance admission, sells tickets, accepts cash, reconciles cash and ticket sales and completes appropriate records
- Sells food and beverage items, accepts cash, makes change, reconciles cash and completes reports
- Sets up, positions and disassembles equipment and/or fixtures (ie: bleachers)
- Announces events, plays music, ensures audio and visual equipment is operating properly and returns equipment to equipment desk
- Acts as scorekeeper for events including recording progress and statistics of event, obtains signatures of officials and completes score sheets and/or events summaries
- Operates timekeeping equipment following established rules and procedures, disconnects and returns equipment to equipment desk
- Enforces safety regulations and controls access to facilities
- Assists coordinators of recreation and athletic events as required
- Records and compiles statistics for an event and may provide results to the press and/or media
- High school completion or equivalent
- No previous experience is necessary as on-the-job training is provided
- Familiarity with recreational and sports activities (particularly basketball and volleyball) would be an asset
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills may be considered.
More information can be found here. Those interested can apply online here.