Coach Jon Giesbrecht has announced he is accepting 10 “elite” clients from September to November. Clients will train once a week on-court (Thursday nights for boys and Wednesday nights for girls - Starting September 13th, ending November 24th, 9 on-court sessions). Cost of program $149.99, payment made a week before the first workout - either cash, cheque, or online payment. Location is to be determined, most likely West of Winnipeg.
Jon seeks to develop a relationship and work collaboratively with each athlete. Jon will design a basketball curriculum that best fits the needs of the group, these are small group training sessions.
- Assistance with individualized strategic planning - addressing short and long term goal setting with action plan.
- Purposeful on-court skill work that leads to improvement in competition. Player development philosophy and ideas shared with athletes to maximize future workouts-effective practice.
- Video review breakdowns - Jon will combine your own personal video with clips from NBA/EuroLeague/NCAA/USports footage to show elite athletes executing essential skills and concepts.
Timeline for program…
September 7th to 17th - Jon speaks with each accepted athlete by phone call. Discussing what the athlete hopes to get out of the program, what the athlete’s short and long term goals are and why, what the athlete’s strengths and weaknesses are (Physical, mental - applying sport psych strategies).
*Athletes may submit video from September 7th to November 1st, best to submit as early as possible - Jon can then incorporate needed skills and concepts into curriculum.
- Training days for BOYS (Thursday nights) as of right now are September 14th, September 21st, September 28th, October 5th, October 12th, October 19th, October 26th, November 9th, November 23rd.
- Training days for GIRLS (Wednesday nights) as of right now are September 13th, September 20th, September 27th, October 4th, October 11th, October 18th, October 25th, November 8th, November 22nd
- October 27th to November 8th - Jon speaks with each athlete via phone call. Discussing where the athlete feels they are-what progress they’ve made, what needs to be addressed in the last two training sessions, has the athlete reached necessary steps to improvement in time spent together.
- November 24th to December 1st - Exit meeting phone calls, best advice heading into season.
Strength & Conditioning
Strength and conditioning is available through Strive United. The cost for Strive United is separate from the $149.99 fee for on-court skill work and consulting fee. If interested in strength and conditioning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - let Mike Iwanchuk know you are a client of School 4 Hoops.
Training sessions are for committed and serious athletes only… There is no fluff. Jon wants to have a relationship where he is able to tell the athletes things they may not want to hear. Jon seeks to challenge and push the athletes to their outer limits.
For registration - Please apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/ViUBgHRrH7EZu96M2
- Athlete must bring own ball
- Training sessions are covered by Basketball Manitoba insurance
- You must supply own personal video footage for video breakdowns (Best to share via USB, YouTube link, or Dropbox - Jon will breakdown three of your games) - email link to email@example.com