Basketball Manitoba hosted its 41st Annual General Meeting on Tuesday June 13 and the evening saw the transition of its Board of Directors to add 1 new member join the group for 2017-18. Thank you to Joel Themmen (pictured above, left) who is leaving the Board for all your ongoing and continuing contributions to the sport of basketball! Replacing Joel after the AGM election is Dirk Leavesley (above, right) who is a very active member of the basketball community as both a coach and administrator.
The full Basketball Manitoba Board of Directors for 2017-18 will be... (VIEW BOARD BIOS)
- Ross Wedlake - President
- Trish Hallson - Vice President
- Darren Sampson - Treasurer
- Kirby Schepp - Director
- Edwin Garing - Director
- Glenn Matsumoto - Director
- Tanya McKay - Director
- Chino Argueta - Director
- Chiranjit Goswami - Director
- Dirk Leavesley - Director
To close the evening, the group openly discussed a number of items currently facing the sport including coach education.
The meeting was attended by representatives from ...
- University of Winnipeg
- Brandon University
- Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference
- Winnipeg Minor Basketball Association
- Manitoba Association of Basketball Officials
- Manitoba Basketball Hall of Fame
- Winnipeg Wolves Basketball Club
- Manitoba Magic Basketball Club
- Jr Bison Basketball Club
- Manitoba Rebels Basketball Club
- Winnipeg Athletic Association for Youth
- Manitoba Wheelchair Sport Association
- Basketball Manitoba Board of Directors
- Basketball Manitoba Staff
You can view the entire AGM Package that was distributed at the meeting below or by CLICKING HERE...