In light of the current COVID-19 health concern in the community, the WMBA is currently taking registrations for the spring season with a potential start date of April 18th as originally planned. We currently have a total of 1498 athletes registered for spring. They are trying to remain optimistic that a spring season can be salvaged but push all of our original dates back 2-3 weeks. An option to play an 8 game schedule plus playoffs in 8 or 9 weeks could still work. This would move the original dates to:
- April 10th (Good Friday) - Extend registration, Closed here, will have a good idea of what schools will be doing at this point and plan accordingly.
- May 2nd/3rd - Start Regular Season (6 weeks), an 8 game scheduled would still be played, each team would have to play a couple of weekends with 2 games
- June 12/13th - Playoffs Start, we would still have a consolation style tournament, guaranteed 2 games.
- June 20th/21st - Divisional Championships, the consolation and divisional championship games.
- June 27th/28th - City Championships, winners of the divisional championship games would playoff if age groups had more then one division.
**If the schools are not re-opening after their proposed 3-week break, we may have no choice but to refund everyone and potentially look at some summer programming including 3x3 outdoor youth leagues and/or a summer indoor league running on weeknights. For those parents looking for refunds, we would urge them hold off until Easter when we have more information.
SPRING REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: Spring Registration is now open online for all Spring Leagues and Development Programs:
- Jr NBA Development Programs Ages 5-12
- WMBA Community Leagues Ages 7-18
- Adult Leagues Ages 18+