The Crossover Basketball Club has announced their 5th Annual Holiday Food Drive in support of Winnipeg Harvest. Stop by Save on Foods (850 St. James St.) and help them gather non-perishable food items as well as plastic bags on behalf of Winnipeg Harvest this coming November 15-17, 2019. Members from all their teams will be posted up throughout the weekend, so come out, say hello and bring a tin for the bin!
If you need ideas about what to donate, here’s a list of the 10 most needed food items that Winnipeg Harvest requires for donations ...
- Canned Fish and Poultry – chicken or turkey; tuna or salmon packed in water.
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables – packed in own juice.
- Canned Stew, Chili, Brown Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Baby Formula and Food – iron-enriched formula; baby food jars of vegetables, fruit or meat; infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice.
- Rice – Plain, brown, converted, or parboiled
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Cereal – plain, fiber, non-sugar coated
- Canned Soup – vegetable, tomato, lentil, peas