Are you passionate about basketball? Do you want to share your knowledge and experience? At the Y, we believe in helping kids reach their full potential. As a Basketball Instructor, you will ensure kids develop their skills and confidence on the court while emphasizing fun, safety and teaching the value of good sportsmanship.
Are you the right fit?
- Able to deliver the James Naismith Youth Basketball Program
- Ability to lead and engage youth
- Emphasize fun, fitness, and skill development
- Develop and deliver weekly lesson plans and program activities
What else do you need?
- 1-2 years’ experience instructing basketball
- NCCP Basketball Coaching Level 1
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification (can provide in house)
Why work at the Y?
- You make a difference in a kid’s life every day
- Great people and dynamic work environment
- Complimentary individual Y membership
- Super fun job, teaching kids basketball techniques and skills!
Children’s Program Coordinator
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.