Basketball Manitoba turns the big 4-3 on October 29, 2019! The provincial governing body responsible for the development and promotion of basketball in the province was incorporated on October 29, 1976.
Basketball Manitoba was incorporated on October 29, 1976, and is responsible for the promotion and development of basketball in Manitoba and our members include
- USPORTS (CIS) - Manitoba Schools
- Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC)
- Winnipeg Minor Basketball Association (WMBA)
- Winnipeg Basketball League - Men's & Women's (WBL)
- Peg City Basketball League (PCBL)
- Manitoba Association of Basketball Officials (MABO)
- Manitoba Basketball Hall of Fame & Museum (MBHOFM)
- Philippine Basketball Association (PBA)
- Winnipeg Athletic Association for Youth (WAAY)
- Winnipeg Intersport Basketball League (IBL)
- WinPak Basketball League
- Westman Youth Basketball Association (WYBA)
- Brandon Senior Men's Basketball Association
- Swan Valey Basketball Association
- Winkler Minor Basketball Association
- South East Manitoba Filipino Basketball Association (SEMFA)
- Balling for the Cure
- SWISH Basketball
- Ndinawe Basketball League
- Jr NBA Youth Basketball (JNYB)
- Registered Club teams
- Different special events held throughout the year
Over 10,000 players, coaches and referees are registered through their respective associations or directly through programmings such as the Manitoba Provincial Team, Centre for Performance, Regional Training Centres, Club Championships, Junior High Invitational Tournament, Manitoba Games and the Canada Quest 3x3 among others with Basketball Manitoba.
Even though Basketball Manitoba, as we know it today, is 43 years old, it is important to note that, through the efforts of many people in our past, the organization and administration of basketball in our province started as early as 1950, if not earlier. We are indebted to all those people who built the foundation for what exists today.
More information on Basketball Manitoba can be found by CLICKING HERE.