Bison men’s and women’s basketball open their seasons on the road, but close to home, Oct. 26-27 at Brandon.
- Bison men's and women's basketball play their home openers on Nov. 2 versus the Mount Royal Cougars.
- The teams will open their season on the road, playing Oct. 26-27 at Brandon.
- A road-heavy second half concludes with a matchup with the Winnipeg Wesmen, February 2, 2019.
- On Thursday, Canada West released the 2018-19 schedules for men's and women's basketball. Both Bison teams will start their season on the road, travelling Highway 1 to play Brandon on October 26 and 27.
The following weekend, on Friday, November 2, Manitoba will play their home openers versus the Mount Royal Cougars at Investors Group Athletic Centre (IGAC). They follow that up with another home series versus the UBC Thunderbirds (Nov. 9-10). For the Bison men, it's a rematch of the 2017 Canada West quarter finals, where UBC won the best-of-three series 2-0.
After a conference bye week on December 1-2 and the annual holiday break, both teams will be road warriors to start the second half. The Bison men and women will play Alberta on January 4-5, before travelling further west to Prince George for a weekend matchup with the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) Timberwolves (Jan. 11-12).
To finish the season, the Bisons will play a home-and-home weekend against the University of Winnipeg Wesmen. The first leg, on Jan. 31 at the David F. Anderson Gymnasium (U of Winnipeg), will be the basketball portion of the 28th annual Duckworth Challenge.
Then, on February 2, the two teams meet at IGAC as part of Manitoba's Super Saturday, where basketball, women's hockey, and track and field are all in action on the University of Manitoba campus.
The Canada West basketball playoffs begin on February 8-9, with the top 12 teams (ranked by RPI) qualifying for a play-in round. The quarter finals follow, with the Canada West Gold Medal Game arriving on March 1 or 2, 2019.
The 2019 U SPORTS Men's Basketball Final 8 will take place at Dalhousie University from March 7-10, 2019. The U SPORTS Women's Basketball Final 8 is the same weekend at Ryerson University.
In 2017-18, Bison men's basketball finished 12-8 in conference play, beating Brandon in a play-in game before falling to UBC in the quarters. The Bison women qualified for the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons, finishing with a 9-11 record. They lost an exciting play-in game, 81-72, to the Alberta Pandas.
- Click here for the complete 2018-19 CW men’s basketball schedule
- Click here for the complete 2018-19 CW women’s basketball schedule