The University of Manitoba Bison men's basketball is looking for student assistants and team managers for the 2018-19 season. This experience will bring you inside the day-to-day workings of an elite U SPORTS basketball program, help to build your skills and resume while networking with people in the basketball community.
Successful candidates will have some of the following characteristics:
- Basketball knowledge and coaching experience an asset.
- U of M students preferred.
- Aspirations in coaching or sports management.
- Hard working, and reliable.
- Able to work both independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Basketball/sports enthusiast.
Assistants and managers will be responsible for helping organize and administer practice and training sessions as well as have a valuable role during home games some road games and other team events. There may also be travel to some away games during Canada West play. Successful candidates will work under both the head coach and the basketball operations staff, assisting the program in many ways through out the season.
Interested people should contact: Kirby.Schepp@umanitoba.ca
Bison Sports hosting a Game Day Job Fair on June 7
Be a part of the Herd! Bison Sports is looking for outgoing, creative individuals to be a part of our game day experience in 2018-19. We're hiring for a number of paid, part-time positions and invite all those interested to visit our Game Day Job Fair on June 7 at the University of Manitoba.
- Game Day Job Fair
- June 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fireside Lounge (University Centre, University of Manitoba)
- Bring a resume and references, where available
Positions we're hiring for include:
- Admissions Staff
- Game Day A/V (Video Board Operations, DJ at Bison football games)
- General Promotions
- Game Recap Writers
- P.A. Announcers (football, volleyball, basketball)
- Scoresheet/Shot Clock Operator, Basketball
- Statistician (football, basketball, volleyball, women's soccer)
- Events Assistant, Football
- Game Day Manager, Soccer
We encourage all those visiting the Job Fair to bring a resume and references, along with an indication of which positions you'd be most interested in. If you are applying for one of the writing or photography positions, we encourage bringing work samples. Have questions? Reach out to email@example.com