SCHEDULES RELEASED. THE CANADA QUEST TOUR is coming to Winnipeg. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of history and show the world you’ve got game! THE 3x3 CANADA QUEST TOUR is the nation’s premier grassroots 3x3 basketball tour and is open to males and females, ages 11 and up. All skill levels from recreational to competitive are welcome to play this fast-paced and skillful game!
The best ballers north of the border will be in action when 3x3 CANADA QUEST goes national as it comes to Winnipeg, Canada on June 24th. Don’t miss out on your chance to show that you can play with the best. Sign up today and be ready to bring your game when 3x3 CANADA QUEST comes to Winnipeg.
Registration is now open for 3x3 Canada Quest event set for Winnipeg on June 24, 2017. Winnipeg is one of 7 stops on the tour this summer that includes stops in Calgary, Shawinigan, Edmonton, Hamilton, Halifax and Richmond. The tournament is open to male and female players ages 11 and up with all skill levels are welcome to participate.
The winning team from the Canada Quest men's competitive division will go on to to the Canada Quest national finals in Edmonton with all expenses paid. 3x3 Canada Quest is Canada Basketball's national 3x3 series, which culminates at the Canada Quest Final in Edmonton, AB. The top two teams then earn a berth to the FIBA 3x3 World Tour event in Saskatoon.
DEADLINE FOR ALL DIVISIONS:
MONDAY JUNE 12, 2017 at 12 noon. Monday June 19, 9:00 am
- Dates: June 24, 2017 (Friday - Sunday)
- Times: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm each date
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba (Exact location TBA) - All games are indoors
MONDAY JUNE 12, 2017 at 12 noonMonday June 19, 9:00 am
- Ages: 11-18+, males and females
- Age Divisions: 16 different categories - see full list (no coed divisions)
- Team Size: 4 players each (3 on the court plus one sub)
- Tournament Fee: $180 for a team of 4; CANADA QUEST Division is $260
- Guaranteed Games: All teams will receive a minimum of 4 games each
- Rules: All games will be played using FIBA 3x3 rules
- Rule Modifications:
- All game times are 20 minutes each or 21 points, whichever occurs first and a Wilson Evolution basketball
- The 18+ Competitive Men's Division which will play 10 minutes stopped time or 21 points (which ever occurs first) and use a 12 second shot clock and the official Wilson FIBA 3x3 Basketball.
- Prizes: Awards will be presented to the top team in each category
- 3x3 CANADA QUEST DIVISION: The winning team will receive an entry into the CANADA QUEST FINALS, in Edmonton Alberta July 7/8. Prize includes airfare for 4 to Edmonton from Winnipeg, as well as hotel and tournament fee.
Need help registering? Call 204-925-5774 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help!
About FIBA 3x3 Basketball
With over 250 million players worldwide, 3x3 basketball is amongst the most played recreational sports in the world. Following the successful introduction in the 2010 Youth Olympic Games in Singapore, the ultimate goal is that 3x3 becomes a self-sustained new FIBA discipline and enters the Olympic Games by 2020.
Considered to be the number one urban team sport in the world, 3x3 basketball is increasingly becoming important for the development of basketball. The FIBA 3x3 competition network includes open tournaments, FIBA 3x3 World Tour (for professional teams representing a city) and the FIBA 3x3 World Cup (for national teams). For more information, visit www.fiba3x3.com.