Registration will close Monday July 25: Basketball Manitoba is proud to be hosting the 2016 Canada Basketball Male National Championships this summer in Winnipeg at the University of Winnipeg! The 23 team event will feature the top male basketball teams from around Canada at the 15U and 17U age level and run August 1-6, 2016 at the downtown Winnipeg campus. To aid us in staging a high quality sporting event that Manitobans are well known for, we are calling on the basketball community to come forward and volunteer their time and be a part of the biggest basketball event in Manitoba this year! Volunteer duties include acting as minor officials, stats crew, floor crew, security, sales and admission support, communications, set-up / clean-up among others (full descriptions below...). In all, we are seeking the time from up to 200 volunteers for the event. The Championships are being used as the official Test Event for the 2017 Canada Summer Games which will replicate much of the 2016 event. To offer your time at this national event this summer, please complete our quick volunteer registration form below!
- Event: Canada Basketball National Championships - 15U & 17U Males
- Dates: August 1-6, 2016
- Times: 3 different volunteer shifts - morning, afternoon or evening
- Location: University of Winnipeg Duckworth Centre, 400 Spence Street (MAP)
- Who Can Volunteer? EVERYONE! If you have a passion for basketball and like working with others, join us this summer to help stage this year's biggest basketball event in Canada!
Volunteer Benefits Include:
- A fun, relaxed, supportive team environment
- Free tournament pass to games when not working
- Refreshments & snacks while working
- Work experience in a sport event environment
- Volunteer t-shirt to keep
- Being a part of the biggest basketball event in Manitoba in 2016!
Concession, Admission & Merchandise: Provide help in staffing the admission gate, concessions and merchandise sales.
Game Floor Crew and Equipment Management: Providing on-court support in managing the game equipment and other functions of the game around the team bench and locker room areas.
Minor Officials & Stats Crew: Providing court side operation of the game and shot clocks, the completion of the score sheet and the entering of statistics during all games. Training will be provided, however previous experience is preferred.
Practice Site Supervision: Providing supervision and equipment management at the two different practice facilities during the event.
No Preference: If you just want to get involved in the event in any capacity, we'll put you to work where we need it!