- Yellow - Interlake - Eastern Health Region
- Orange - Northern Health Region
- Yellow - Prairie Mountain Health Region
- Yellow - Southern Health Region
- Orange - Winnipeg Metro Health Region
- Red = No organized basketball permitted
- Orange = Phase 2
- Yellow = Phase 3
Note: The colours shown on the map do not reflect the current health status of the area and are included for geographical reference only.
The move to Phase 3 will see the introduction of 3x3 team play within a team or training group. The full details include...
PHASE 3: WHOLE TEAM SPLIT TRAINING (INTERNAL 3X3 TEAM COMPETITION) BEGINS
Progress to this phase is dependent on provincial regulations.
- Individual and group strength and conditioning continues (as per Time to Train restrictions and guidelines)
- Divide the whole team into small, consistent groups for skills/concept development.
- Maximum 2 hours per session
- Consistent training groups for phase (to allow for contact tracing)
- Eg. 2 full-court baskets, 12 players + 3 coaches (2 separate groups of 6 players)
- Drills or activities could include:
- Partner shooting, small-sided games, 5v0 play
- Internal 3x3 drills / competition begins in preparation for internal 5v5 competition.
- The team divided into 2 training groups eg. team of 12 divided into 4 teams of 3.
- Team A vs. Team B (consistent) and Team C vs. Team D (consistent)
- Appropriate warm-up / cool down
- Sharing of equipment within only the divided teams/ consistent groups begins; passing allowed.
- Physical distancing no longer required within divided teams; however, whenever possible, is recommended (i.e. water/nutrition break, timeouts etc.).
- Light contact during 3x3 games permitted within divided teams.
- Essential basketball team staff/personnel only permitted in the gym, as determined on a team-by-team basis.
- Spectators are prohibited with the exception of those providing care to children below the age of 12.
- If someone in the consistent training group develops COVID-19 symptoms, they should alert a designated member of the coaching staff and consult a COVID-19 assessment centre.
- Other participants within that consistent training group should monitor for symptoms and consult a COVID-19 assessment centre.
The move to Phase 4 will be reviewed at a future time which would see a move to 5x5 play permitted within a training group.
The Basketball Manitoba Board of Directors regularly reviews the current Manitoba health status in the community and will share any further developments to the basketball community as they unfold. Basketball Manitoba thanks the basketball community for the support of the reopening plans thus far.