CAMP CANCELLED: This camp has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus concerns and the directive given by the Basketball Manitoba Board of Directors. You can contact the camp directors below with any further inquiries.
The Winnipeg Team Mayhem Basketball Club have announced the dates and times for its
19th edition of its 2020 Spring Break Training Camp Sessions. The club is offering 7 Spring Break camp sessions from Monday, March 30, 2020 – Friday, April 3, 2020. These sessions cover all aspects of Basketball skill development. The camp is being held at Calvin Christian Collegiate – 706 Day St. and that camp sessions are open to girls and boys from grades 4 – 12.
All Camp fees will include insurance provided by Basketball Manitoba.
The camp is designed to prepare the campers for their upcoming Spring Club and Community basketball seasons.
- Sessions are either a 3-hour Regular or 2-hour shooting camp Session. Each session will have a Dynamic warm-up and Basketball specific conditioning component.
- For regular camps, will have a rotation of drills to cover all aspects of the game. For Shooting Camps we will cover all footwork and technical aspects of shooting.
- All drills will have a physical component designed to focus on conditioning, balance and strength.
- As in all Mayhem programming, a high level of focus, and effort level is an expectation.
- For beginners, the sessions will have a high level of teaching concepts with a focus on proper technique and willingness to try, rather than results
- The campers will use many if not all the following equipment:
- Balance boards
- 30-foot agility ladders
- 10 - weighted Men's basketballs
- 10 - weighted Women's basketballs
- 6-inch hurdles
- 12-inch hurdles
- Ankle tension bands
- Cones and Pylons