WINNIPEG - The Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame class of 2019 includes the Bobcat men's basketball dynasty. The 1987, 1988 and 1989 U SPORTS national championship teams will be inducted in Winnipeg on November 2 as part of the Hall of Fame's 40thanniversary year.
Joining the Bobcats from the sport of basketball is long-time volunteer Maureen Orchard. Maureen is a prolific volunteer for both Basketball Manitoba for over 40 years and with wheelchair basketball where she reached the pinnacle in the sport as international Secretary-General.
Seven individuals are also joining the Bobcats in the Class of 2019:
- Charles Baksh (Athlete) - Cricket
- Susanne Dandenault (Athlete) - Athletics/Weightlifting
- Don Hornby (Builder) - Rowing
- Jon Montgomery (Athlete) - Skeleton
- Maureen Orchard (Builder) - Basketball/Wheelchair Basketball
- Michelle Stilwell (Athlete) - Wheelchair Sport
- Hector Vergara (Builder) - Soccer