Winnipeg Team Mayhem Basketball Club has announced the dates and times for its 18th edition of their 2019 Summer Break Training Camp Sessions.
The club is offering up to 33 Summer Break camp sessions from Friday, June 14, 2019 – Wednesday, August 14, 2019. These sessions cover all aspects of Basketball skill development. The camp is being held at Calvin Christian Collegiate – 706 Day Street and the camp sessions are open to girls and boys from grades 4 – 12.
All camp fees will include insurance provided by Basketball Manitoba.
The camp is designed to prepare the campers for their upcoming School Basketball, Spring Club,
Community basketball seasons.
- Sessions are either a 3 hour regular or a 2 hour shooting camp session.
- Each session will have a dynamic warm-up and basketball specific conditioning component.
- For regular camps, will have a rotation of drills to cover all aspects of the game.
- For Shooting Camps, they will cover all footwork and technical aspects of shooting.
- All drills will have a physical component designed to focus on conditioning, balance and strength.
- As in all Mayhem programming, high level of focus, and effort level is an expectation.
- For beginners, the sessions will have a high level of teaching concepts with a focus on proper technique and willingness to try, rather than results
- The campers will use many if not all the following equipment:
- Balance boards
- 6 inch hurdles
- 12 inch hurdles
- 30 foot agility ladders
- Ankle tension bands
- 10 - weighted men's basketballs
- 10 - weighted women's basketballs
- Cones and pylons
- A camper can register for as many, or as few of the sessions they need.
Coach Alex Barra (Director of Team Mayhem)
204-582-3678 / 204-295-2006