Winnipeg Team Mayhem Basketball Club has announced the dates and times for its 16th edition of its 2019 Spring Break Training Camp Sessions. The club is offering up to 8 Spring Break Camp sessions from Saturday, March 23 to Wednesday, March 27, 2019. These sessions cover all aspects of
Basketball skill development. The camp is being held at Calvin Christian Collegiate, 706 Day Street in Winnipeg.
- All camp sessions are open to girls and boys currently in grades 4 to 12.
- All Camp fees will include insurance provided by Basketball Manitoba.
- The camp is designed to prepare the campers for their upcoming Spring Community and Spring Club basketball seasons.
- Sessions are either 3 hours regular, or 2-hour shooting camp session.
- Each session will have a Dynamic warm-up and basketball-specific conditioning component.
- For regular camps, will have a rotation of drills to cover all aspects of the game.
- For Shooting Camps we will cover all footwork and technical aspects of shooting.
- All drills will have a physical component designed to focus on conditioning, balance and strength.
- As in all Mayhem programming, high level of focus, and effort level is an expectation.
- For beginners, the sessions will have a high level of teaching concepts with a focus on proper technique and willingness to try, rather than results
- The campers will use many if not all the following equipment:
- Balance boards
- 6-inch hurdles
- 12-inch hurdles
- 30-foot agility ladders
- Ankle tension bands
- 10 - weighted Men's basketballs and 10 - weighted Women's basketballs
- Cones and Pylons
- Camper can register for as many, or as few of the sessions they need.
- There are only 20 spots available for each session and we will accept registrations on a first come first serve basis.