Winnipeg Team Mayhem Basketball Club has announced the dates and times for its 15th Edition of its 2018 Christmas Break Training Camp Sessions. The club is offering up to 12 Christmas Break camp sessions from Thursday, December 27, 2018 to Saturday, January 5, 2019. These sessions cover all aspects of basketball skill development. The camp is being held at Calvin Christian Collegiate – 706 Day Street in Winnipeg and is open to girls and boys currently in grades 4 – 12. All camp fees will include insurance provided by Basketball Manitoba.
The camp is designed to prepare the campers for their upcoming school basketball, spring club, and community basketball seasons.
- Sessions are either a 3 hours Regular, or 2 hour shooting camp Session. Each session will have a dynamic warm-up and basketball specific conditioning component.
- For regular camps, will have a rotation of drills to cover all aspects of the game. For Shooting Camps we will cover all footwork and technical aspects of shooting.
- All drills will have a physical component designed to focus on conditioning, balance and strength.
- As in all Mayhem programming, high level of focus, and effort level is an expectation.
- For beginners, the sessions will have a high level of teaching concepts with a focus on proper technique and willingness to try, rather than results
- The campers will use many if not all the following equipment:
- 1) Balance boards
- 2) 6 inch hurdles
- 3) 12 inch hurdles
- 4) 30 foot agility Ladders
- 5) Ankle tension bands
- 6) Kettle bells
- 7) 10 - weighted Men's basketballs
- 8) 10 - weighted Women's basketballs
- 9) Cones and Pylons
- Camper can register for as many, or as few of the sessions they need.
There are only 20 spots available for each session and we will accept registrations on a first come
first serve basis. If you wish to register your child please email:
Coach Alex Barra (Director of Team Mayhem)
or call at 204-582-3678 / 204-295-2006
CAMP INFORMATION PAGE
CAMP REGISTRATION FORM