Team Flex and Winnipeg Fury will be running their first volunteer opportunity of the season - a food driver in support of Winnipeg Harvest. Stop by Save on Foods (850 St. James St.) and help the clubs gather non perishable food items as well as plastic bags on behalf of Winnipeg Harvest this coming November 24 & 25th.
If you need ideas about what to donate, here’s a list of the 10 most needed food items that Winnipeg Harvest requires for donations ...
- Canned Fish and Poultry – chicken or turkey; tuna or salmon packed in water.
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables – packed in own juice.
- Canned Stew, Chili, Brown Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Baby Formula and Food – iron-enriched formula; baby food jars of vegetables, fruit or meat; infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice.
- Rice – Plain, brown, converted, or parboiled
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Cereal – plain, fiber, non-sugar coated
- Canned Soup – vegetable, tomato, lentil, peas
Last year the club collected 685 lbs and we hope to surpass that total with the help of our amazing community. Any donation small or large is greatly appreciated!