SOLD OUT: Basketball Manitoba is pleased to announce details that it will be hosting a special athlete camp in Winnipeg at the new Canada Games Centre in Winnipeg as part of is High Performance Camp series. The High Performance Fundamentals New Year's Camp, lead by coach Herve Vincent is set for January 2-5, 2018 and targets male and female athletes ages 10-13.
|Camp location, Canada Games Sport for Life Centre|
Coach Herve Vincent was born and raised in France where his dedication to the game began in 1988 when he joined a basketball club. He has been involved in coaching since 1997 where he started as a volunteer and became a certified coach in 2005. He earned his degrees in sociology, education and sports training at the University of Rouen (France).
He has coached and trained players at all levels, from youth to adult, at both the city and national level since 1997. He has experience in promoting basketball via presentations in schools, community centers, university, tournaments and skill camps.
From 2006 to 2009, he worked as a technical supervisor for the youth basketball development program in the SPO Rouen professional club where he developed and implemented specific youth skills programs. He has helped develop numerous elite players from his club programs who were selected at the regional, provincial, and professional level in both France and Canada.
In 2009, he moved to Winnipeg and joined the Junior Bison Basketball Club and started his work with Basketball Manitoba's CP programs, boys and girls. He is currently still working as skills development coach for both the Junior Bison club and the Manitoba Bison Men's team since 2010. Coach Vincent is a certified Basketball coach in France (BEES 1), he is a trained coach at the Fundamentals, Train to learn, Train to Train and Train to compete levels in Canada.
Camp Assistant Coaches: Marlin Kraus (Junior Bison 2002 Skills development coach) and Justus Alleyn of the Manitoba Bisons
- Tuesday January 2, 2018 (registration at 1:15 pm)
- Wednesday January 3, 2018
- Thursday January 4, 2018
- Friday January 5, 2018
- All days - 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- $105.00 per athlete (taxes included)
- Includes 8 hours of court time with Coach Vincent and a camp T-shirt
Deadline to Register:
- Wednesday December 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm OR when the camp sells out at a maximum of 24 players (a wait-list option will be provided once the camp is full).
- Basketballs will be provided on site for all to use.
- Players must be ready to participate in an active training session with a focus on individual fundamentals for four days.
- Players are to attend ALL days of the camp (8 hours of court time in all)
- Players are asked to show up 15 minutes prior to the Tuesday session to register. Registration will begin at 1:15 pm on the Tuesday (no sooner)
- Players are asked to come dressed ready to participate including non-marking runners, shorts and a t-shirt. A towel and water bottle are also recommended but not required.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Can't see the form below? CLICK HERE to view it in a new window.
View Larger Map
During the day, street parking is metered and costs $2.00 for 2 hours. After 5:30 pm, there is FREE unlimited street parking available in the building area. There are other area paid surface lots in the area which are managed by Impark. See a live area parking map here. The Canada Games Sport for Life Centre Parkade is accessible off of Alexander Ave (see below map). The parkade rates are as follows:
Monday - Friday
6:00am - 6:00pm $2/hr
6:00pm - 12:00am $3/hr
Saturday & Sunday
6:00am - 12:00am $3/hr