The Winnipeg Team Mayhem Basketball Club has announced the dates and times for its 14th edition of its 2017 Summer Training Camp Sessions. The club is offering up to 60 sessions from May 9 to August 11, 2017. The camp sessions are open to girls and boys in grades 4 – 12.
- These sessions cover all aspects of Basketball skill development.
- All camp fees will include insurance provided by Basketball Manitoba.
- The camp is designed to prepare the camper for their upcoming spring basketball season, as well as Provincial Team Tryouts being held in May.
- Each Session is 3 hours long, Each session will have a (Dynamic warm-up and Basketball specific conditioning component.)
- The remaining 2.5 hours of each session will have a rotation of drills to cover all aspects of the game of basketball, or shooting drills in the evening shooting camp.
- All drills will have a physical component designed to focus on conditioning, balance and strength.
- As in all Mayhem programming, high level of focus, and effort level is an expectation.
- For beginners the sessions will have a high level of teaching concepts with focus on proper technique and willingness to try, rather than results
- The campers will use many if not all the following equipment:
- 1) balance boards
- 2) 6 inch hurdles
- 3) 12 inch hurdles
- 4) 30 foot agility ladders
- 5) ankle tension bands
- 6) kettle bells
- 7) 10 - weighted Men's basketballs
- 8) 10 - weighted Women's basketballs
- 9) Cones and Pylons
- Camper can register for as many, or as few of the sessions they need.
- There is only 20 spots available for each session and we will accept registrations on a first come first serve basis.
Additional information can also be found on the Winnipeg Team Mayhem website.