REGISTER NOW! Canada Basketball in partnership with Basketball Manitoba have announced details on an NCCP Learn to Train Basketball Coaching Workshop that will be hosted in Winnipeg May 5-7, 2017 at St. Paul's High School the Sport Manitoba Sport for Life Centre. Cost to attend the clinic is $300.00. Deadline to register is April 28, 2017.
This Learn to Train course is targeted to coaches working with players ages 12-16. It has replaced the old NCCP Level 2 course work.
Course Schedule - St. Paul's High School - 2200 Grant Ave in Winnipeg
- Friday May 5: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday May 6: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday May 7: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Jeff Laping was born and continues to live in Winnipeg with his wife and three children. Jeff graduated from St. Paul’s High School in the class of 1989. He attended the University of Manitoba earning a Bachelor of Arts in 1993 and a bachelor of Education in 1995. He began working at St. Paul’s High School as a teacher of English Language Arts in January 1999. He has been involved in the basketball program at St. Paul’s since arriving back at the school as a student teacher in 1995. He coached the JV boys team for three seasons and has coached the Varsity boys since 2000.
Jeff has been involved with Basketball Manitoba in a number of capacities since 2002. He was an assistant with the male 17U team in 2002 and 2003; he coached the male 16U team in 2004, and was manager of the 2005 and 2009 male Canada Games team. Jeff has worked with the Centre for performance since 2004 as a coach, and has worked with the Manitoba Basketball Coaches Association since 2003, serving as its President until 2013.
- To register for an NCCP clinic, you must log-in to your Game Plan (gameplanbasketball.ca) account. **Please note: if you do not have a Game Plan account, you can create an account at the following link (gameplanbasketball.ca/register.php)
- From there, you can select the "Workshops" tab from the top toolbar.
- Once you are on the workshops page, ensure you set the Province to Manitoba to see available workshops.
- You will then be able to click on the "Register" button attached to the appropriate clinic.
Questions on the clinic or the NCCP system can be made to Dan Becker at Basketball Manitoba at email@example.com