The University of Manitoba has announced that it will be hosting two coach education courses this spring and summer. The Bison Coaching Summer Institutes offer in-depth coach education that can be used towards the National Coaching Certification Program. Each institute provides 6 credit hours of coach theory embedded within experiential hands-on learning and seminar type discussion, and is
infused with guest contributions from sport scholars and experts.
Coaching The High Performance Athlete (Competition Level 2)
- KIN 3520 A01 Coaching the High Performance Athlete A (3 credit hours)
- August 3, 2016 (Mandatory Orientation for both KIN 3520 & 3530 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- August 8 – 12, 2016, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- KIN 3530 A01 Coaching the High Performance Athlete B (3 credit hours)
- August 15 – 19, 2016, Monday - Friday, (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Courses will be accredited under The National Coaching Certification Program (**Competition Development Training – Formerly Level III)
Bison Coach Kirby Schepp (MEd, Coaching) has a Masters Degree in Coaching from the University of Victoria and is a certified NCCP Master Learning Facilitator. He is currently the Head Coach of the Men’s Basketball team at the University of Manitoba.
For more information contact:
Coaching Theory & Practice – Women’s Soccer
- PHED 2400 A01 - Coaching Theory and Practice – Women’s Soccer (3 credit hours)
- April 29 (6-9 pm), April 30, May 1, 7 & 8 (9 am-4 pm), May 10 (6-9 pm)
- PHED 2402 A01 - Advanced Coaching Theory and Practice – Women’s Soccer (3 credit hours)
- May 13 (6-9 pm), May 14, 15, 28 & 29 (9 am-4 pm), May 31 (6-9 pm)
These courses introduce students to the National Coaching Certification Program (Canadian Soccer Association/Manitoba Soccer Association LTPD).
Bison Coach Vanessa Martinez Lagunas (BS, MA, Kinesiology & Exercise Physiology) is the University of Manitoba Bison Women’s Soccer Head Coach. She holds the UEFA Pro License: from the German Soccer Federation (highest soccer coaching certification worldwide) and is a FIFA Women’s Soccer Instructor and UEFA Technical Expert. She is also a former assistant coach of the German U17/U16 Women’s Soccer National Teams.
Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management
Website: umanitoba.ca/faculties/kinrec/undergrad/bisoncoachingsummerinstitute.html or
Phone: (204) 474-6963/8019 Website: umanitoba.ca/summer
Summer Session Class Schedule at: umanitoba.ca/summer → Class Schedule
Summer Session registration begins March 21, 2016
VIEW PROGRAM FLYER