One of Manitoba's largest basketball tournaments is tipping off in Brandon this weekend. The 2015 Brandon Sun Spartans Invitational Tournament features 32 teams at the varsity boys level running December 10-12 out of 5 area schools in Brandon. Follow all the results in the nightly SCOREBOARD report. For more info including the full schedule...
BSSI 2015 GENERAL INFORMATION
Date: December 10, 11 & 13, 2015
- Neelin High School – 1020 Brandon Ave.
- Vincent Massey High School – 715 MacDiarmid Drive
- Crocus Plains Reg. Secondary – 1930 1st Street
- ACC College
- New Era School – 527 Louise Ave.
1. FIBA (MHSAA) Rules of Play
2. 10 min Quarters (5min. overtime)
3. 24 Second Clock
4. Bonus Rule - on 5th foul of EACH quarter
5. 2 shot Bonus ONLY
6. 5 min. Halftime
7. All Teams guaranteed 5 games.
8. 32 teams ( 2 Divisions) All Star teams
9. Tournament Format: Round robin Preliminary Play, Bracket Play-off Play
10. Home Teams are designated by being the team on the LEFT during round Robin Play. Home teams are the top team on the Saturday Brackets.
11. Please stay out of Hallways during school hours on Thursday and Friday!!
12. 5 sites(as above) will be used on Thursday and 4 sites on Friday and Saturday.
13. a. Tie Breaking – a. Tie breaking Procedure will be as follows
i. Two way Tie – winner vs. head to head competition
ii. Three way Tie – plus minus vs. TIED teams
b. Check with the Tournament Coordinator Don Thomson at Neelin (725– 0367 or cell 761-2724 ) upon completion of your second game on Friday to confirm your divisional playtime for Saturday.
14. Be prepared to play ahead of time. Please make an effort to be at the sites at least 15 minutes ahead of time
15. Provide your own warm-up balls. Warm – ups will be at the discretion of the official. All efforts will be done to ensure the athletes have had an appropriate warm up and the tournament games run on time. Please keep teams / balls out of school hallways, as classes will still be in session!!!
16. Please forward your entry fee to Neelin High School or your FIRST GAME VENUE MANAGER prior to the start of your game. Cheques payable to Neelin High School.
** Please pay close attention to PARKING ZONES AT PARTICULAR SITES for both your team and fans. Improperly parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed.