What is it?
Basketball Coaches Day in Canada is a national celebration of all Canadian basketball coaches for all the time, dedication and passion that they contribute to our sport through the year. From November 16th-22nd Canada Basketball and its stakeholders will launch a national campaign to encourage communities to participate in recognizing their coaches.
The objectives are:
- To raise the appreciation level for the commitment that basketball coaches put into athletes, teams, programs and community sport
- To thank those that have had such a great impact on our youth and their sporting development from the grassroots to the high performance
- To create awareness of the passion and desire our Canadian coaches have for improvement
How to get involved?
Canada Basketball is encouraging sporting clubs, schools, community associations to explore different ways to show and express their appreciation to their basketball coaches.
Using #CBcoachday, we want to engage the Canadian basketball community across the country! Join us in the celebration on social media, by showing your gratitude and appreciation for all that your coaches do!
Here are some potential ways to recognize coaches and be a part of Basketball Coaches Day in Canada:
-CREATE your special thank-you for your coach
- send out an email blast, newsletter or update your website thanking your coaches
- create a card or gift for you coach
- present appreciation or recognition awards to your coaches
- use your next game or tournament to publicly recognize their efforts
-DOCUMENT your appreciation by taking a photo or video
-SHARE your photo/video on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram using #CBcoachday, facebook.com/CanadaBasketball
Let’s all find a way to recognize our basketball coaches!!
Canada Basketball has also created a thank you card that athletes can either print off, or distribute electronically to their coaches to show their appreciation. For English version, click here, for French version click here.