The 2017 Canada Summer Games is recruiting a team of 6,000 volunteers. Will you be one of them?
Winnipeg, Manitoba will host the Canada Summer Games July 28 – August 13, 2017. Featuring 16 sports, over 250 events and a major cultural festival, the 2017 Canada Summer Games will welcome over 4,000 athletes and coaches and more than 20,000 visitors.
The Games are looking for enthusiastic individuals to assist in various areas such as: athletes’ village, ceremonies, spectator services, ticketing, transportation, and a number of other Games-time positions. Behind every exciting moment at the 2017 Canada Summer Games you’ll find volunteers making the Hottest Summer in Half a Century happen.
One of the most popular questions is "Can I volunteer prior to the Games?"
Yes! If you’re interested in a pre-Games volunteer opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Recruitment Centre at 204-228-1085.
Answers to your FAQs are on our website
. Click the links below to find out more:
- How can I apply to be a Games time volunteer?
- Is there a language requirement for volunteers?
- I have signed up to be a volunteer however have not received any communications from the Games.
- I’ve registered online, does that mean I am accepted as a volunteer?
- How will I know if I have been successful in becoming a Games volunteer?
- Will I be expected to attend any training sessions?
- How will I know when I need to attend the various training sessions?
Along with experiencing the Games, meeting new people, and bringing the Games to life, volunteers will receive:
- A volunteer training program specific to each role
- An official 2017 Canada Summer Games uniform
- The opportunity to be a part of the Hottest Games in Half a Century!
Just as athletes need months of preparation to ready themselves for the Games, the volunteer journey also takes time. We are only a few short months from the event, and the time to sign up to volunteer is now!
Sign up today at canadagames.ca/2017. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or give us a call at 204-228-1085.
For those who did not work with us this past summer at the Nationals, but you still want to volunteer, please follow the above links. It is not possible to specifically request to work with 'basketball', but you can indicate a part of the city and timelines that may help you get to one of the 2 basketball venues (Duckworth Centre and Sport for Life Centre). Do this by indicating 'downtown' and the timelines of 'July 28 to August 4, 2017' when asked during the sign up process. There are no guarantees you will be able to get connected with basketball, but by following those 2 steps, it will help!