DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2016: Basketball Manitoba has announced that it is now accepting applications for the 2017 Manitoba Provincial Team Program 15U male and 15U female coaching positions. The 17U male and female positions are entering their 2nd year of their contract for the 2017 Canada Games and those positions are currently filled. Deadline for the 15U coaching applications is Saturday December 31, 2016.
Basketball Manitoba Provincial Team Program
Basketball Manitoba, one of the province's leading sports governing bodies, annually runs provincial teams to provide elite athletes with a unique opportunity to develop their skills through a high quality summer practices and challenging competition schedule. Coaches can either apply as a 'team' or individually.
At this time we are seeking skilled and passionate men and women to apply as a coaching team for the positions of...
15U National Championships Program
A one year term (with a mutual option to extend to a second year) for…
- 15U Female Provincial Team - 'Head Coach' and 'Assistant Coach' (players born in 2002 or later)
- 15U Male Provincial Team - 'Head Coach' and 'Assistant Coach' (players born in 2002 or later)
2017 Program OverviewAll try-outs for the 15U & 17U programs will be held May 26-28, 2017, with the programs running through the National Championships / Canada Games in late July or early August 2017. The 17U teams will compete in the 2017 Canada Games, hosted in Winnipeg and the 15U teams will compete in the 2017 National Championships in Regina, Saskatchewan. All teams will also compete in warm-up competitions and train regularly (on and off court) leading up to the championships.
- Head Coach = NCCP Train to Train - Certified** OR Full Level 2 NCCP Certification AND a minimum 5 seasons of experience as a head coach or equivalent experience.
- Assistant Coach = NCCP Train to Train - Certified ** OR Full Level 2 NCCP Certification AND a minimum 3 seasons of experience as a head or assistant coach or equivalent experience.
- Coaches can either apply as a 'team' of coaches or individually as a head or assistant coach to be partnered up with other successful candidates.
- Male Head Coaches of female teams must have a female Assistant Coach and Female Head Coaches of male teams must have a male Assistant Coach.
- All coaches must complete the new Sport Manitoba Respect in Sport online program
- All coaches will be undergo a Canadian Police Records Check.
- Basketball Manitoba will provide successful coaches in the program an NCCP certification and first aid / injury prevention opportunity.
HonorariumSuccessful applicants are eligible to receive an honorarium at the completion of the
Application for CompetitionPlease submit a cover letter and coaching resume by December 31, 2016 by completing the below application form.
Please note that selection of successful candidates will not necessarily be limited to
those who apply. Interviews will take place early in the New Year. We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Further InformationFor further information on the Provincial Team Program please contact Dan Becker.
APPLY NOW DEADLINE PASSED
Deadline to Apply: December 31, 2016, 6:00 pm