Basketball Manitoba turns the big 4-0 on October 29, 2016! The provincial governing body responsible for the development and promotion of basketball in the province was incorporated on October 29, 1976.
Basketball Manitoba was incorporated on October 29, 1976 and is responsible for the promotion and development of basketball in Manitoba and our members include
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) - Manitoba Schools
- Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC)
- Fort Garry Super Men's Basketball League (FGSMBL)
- Winnipeg Women's Basketball League (WWBL)
- Winnipeg Minor Basketball Association (WMBA)
- Manitoba Basketball League (MBL / WMBA)
- Manitoba Association of Basketball Officials (MABO)
- Manitoba Basketball Hall of Fame (MBHOF)
- Peg City Basketball Association (PCBA)
- HoopsFanatic Summer League (HFSL)
- Philippine Basketball Association (PBA / Lipenos)
- Winnipeg Athletic Association for Youth (WAAY)
- Winnipeg Intersport Basketball League (IBL)
- Life of Peg Basketball League
- WinPak Basketball League
- Registered Club teams
Over 10,000 players, coaches and referees are registered through their respective associations or directly through programming such as the Manitoba Provincial Team, Centre for Performance, Regional Training Centres, Club Championships, Junior High Invitational Tournament, Manitoba Games and the NBA 3on3 among others with Basketball Manitoba.
Even though Basketball Manitoba, as we know it today, is 40 years old, it is important to note that, through the efforts of many people in our past, the organization and administration of basketball in our province started as early as 1950, if not earlier. We are indebted to all those people who built the foundation for what exists today.
More information on Basketball Manitoba can be found by CLICKING HERE.