The Winnipeg Fury basketball club has announced tryout dates for its girls’ 17U training program. The team will emphasize excellence in individual skills and playing as a team while working hard in a positive supportive environment, preparing the players for their school teams’ basketball seasons. Please see http://www.furybasketball.ca/ for the club’s philosophy.
- Sunday, Sept.18, 7:30-9:30 PM, St. Boniface College, Pavilon Marcel Desilets, 508 Aulneau Ave.
- Please bring your own ball to the tryout
- Arrive 20 minutes early for the first tryout to register.
- $25, payable to Winnipeg Fury Basketball, is to be submitted at the first tryout.
- The Fall Program will run from Sept to mid Nov, culminating with tournament in Minneapolis the Remembrance Day weekend.
- Program will break during the school season from mid-Nov to the end of March.
- Program will run again April to Victoria Day weekend, ending with tournament in Regina.
- Team will play in several tournaments and exhibition games.
- Team will practice twice a week with three practices a week on one occasion.
- Practices will be
- Wednesdays, 8-10PM, Sept at Valour CC and Oct to Nov 9 at St. John’s Ravenscourt.
- Sundays, 7:30-9:30 PM at St. Boniface College.
- One Friday, Oct 21, 7-9 PM, at St. John’s Ravenscourt.
- $450 of which $100 is an Attendance Bond.
- Players can miss/be late/leave early from up to three practices in the fall without losing money from their attendance bon.
- Absences after 3 will result in $20 less being refunded at the end of the fall program.
- Fees for April-May will be TBA.